Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"Give me my snaps!"

A little Thanksgiving treat for you! Enjoy these few pictures from training and first arriving at site up in Chitipa (in the far NW corner of the country, in case you've forgotten. I certainly would have if I wasn't reminded how far out it is every time I want to leave my district...). Oh, and "snaps" are what Malawians call photos :)



Climbing mountains near my site

Getting ready to leave for our swearing in ceremony. (Amy, Ian, Kelsey, Kelly)

Off to the Ambassador's house to become official PCVs! 

My homestay family. My amayi (mom) Daina, asisi (sister) Jackie (look at that face!) and abambo (dad) James

One of my fellow Washingtonians. 

Your newly minted Malawi PCVs

Moving to site. If you look, you'll see my two other Chitipa vols in the back. Buried beneath our survival gear

Killing time during training
Lake Malawi!!!

My bedroom (pre bed-frame) 

Living room

"Kitchen," basically a glorified pantry

My back yard. My real kitchen is on the left

You won't see this on Google street view...

I had to throw in a selfie for good measure

Nyumba wane nymba wako (My house is your house). The door is always open.



No comments:

Post a Comment